11 June, 2024

And That Wheel Keeps On Turning...

I don't know how many of you are "Wheel Watchers" and tuned in last Friday to hear Pat Sajak's final farewell to the game that he had hosted for 41 years! Yes; forty one years, 8,000 episodes, a HUGE feat! Beside that fact, I'd like to bring attention to his words of departure: he noted that Wheel of Fortune was "a safe place for family fun, no social issues, no politics, nothing embarrassing... just a game. A place where families came together with friends, neighbors and entire generations."  He ended by "thanking you for allowing me into your living rooms and into your lives." What a class act! I couldn't help but relate to this mindset. Since 2006, 18 years, I've kept this blog for exactly those same reasons. Simply a diversion. A place where anyone could stop by, see some pretty pictures and join in a discussion about quilting, needlework, family or faith life with no judgement. A safe place. 
I'm not retiring. I'm going to keep cranking them on out... blocks of the month, scrap quilts, UFO's cross stitch, pets, families, grandchildren, gardening, life in general; you name it. We all have lots in common and I love hearing from you!
...and SEW it goes! Eighteen years is far from forty one but we've had a good, long run together. Let's keep it going!
As for me, I'm very comfortable right here. I hope to see you again soon.
This wheel keeps on turning; thanks for taking the time to stop by. 
Life is Good!

7 comments:

Dotti in CT said...

I too thought his closing statement said so much. We do need an escape from political issues and violence. Wheel was something to look forward to watching after dinner was put away. I will miss Pat but hopeful that Ryan will put his own “spin” on the show without changing the family format. I do enjoy your blog, you are right, beautiful things created on it. You and Janet Olsen. But beautiful and reflective. Keep on keeping on.

Dotti in CT. I too celebrate June….it is Strawberry month. All things strawberry come out. Even a tree with handmade strawberries on it.

cityquilter grace said...

true...clean family entertainment...wishing him well and good health in his next phase...he is from baltimore you know...i will keep reading and confess i am a bit envious of the life you talk about...though i know you must have personal challenges and heartbreaks too...

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I absolutely love all of the blocks in this post.

Sherrill said...

That was such a class act going out the way he did. I've watched forEVER and always enjoyed it. I'm not crazy about his replacement so unsure how often I'll watch (though seriously, what else is on that time of night that's worth watching! LOL). So happy you still blog..I always enjoy reading about what you're up to and seeing adorable Augie!

Gloria said...

I, also, saw his last show and wish him well. I'm happy you are going to continue to blog! I don't comment very often but I so enjoy your blog.

straythreads said...

Well said love all your blocks

Lindah said...

Thank you for those 18 years. I have loved getting to know you and your family, watching those sweet grandchildren grow up. I know it takes time and thought to put out a blog, two precious commodities in a busy life. Thank you for that investment.