Yes, it's still summer. I know that. The kiddos have gone back to school here this week, school buses are out and about. It's not yet fall but somehow it seems like we're in an in-between season. Even as I say that though, ninety degree temperatures are forecast here all week; yanking me back to reality. My zeal for finishing projects remains high. "Amarillo Skies, Revised" has had the binding applied and is awaiting hand finishing. "Strawberry Jam" has resurfaced and made it to the design wall; I hope to continue piecing the sashing strips and nine-patch cornerstones to get this one together. It's cool and comfortable inside. What's grabbing my attention though? Fall quilts and designs popping up all over social media. Who doesn't love a good Maple Leaf quilt? Pumpkin blocks galore and Halloween quilts. Sigh. 🎃🍁 These all threaten to divert my forward path! I need to gird myself and keep my resolve.

"Sew Berry Sweet" is fully quilted and coming off the rails today (Augie approved!). I'm thinking about finishing this one off with a scrappy, multi-colored binding. What do you think?
I've done a bit of reading this summer. Two books that I can highly recommend. Grisham's The Widow. Another legal thriller from an author that we know; one with twists and turns that are well worth hanging in there for, I thoroughly enjoyed this book clear through to the last page.
And this one, an historical novel
with excellent character development that slowly pulled me into the plot and kept me guessing. It's been a while since I have made any reading suggestions, I loved these two.
That's it from here.
Sew, what's new with you?
Does anyone else feel that they’re at an "in between" season or is it just me?
Life is Good!



No comments:
Post a Comment