05 November, 2018

This Little Light O' Mine...

This new, portable, light table is one of the most exciting and versatile tools to enter the sewing room in a long time. It is cordless, rechargeable, and super-lightweight. It is called the Cutterpillar Glow. I have had mine for a few months and have already used it a LOT!
For applique placement it is amazing! I used it over and over again to re-position the leaves on the border sections of my current applique project. Actually, I placed one border upside down over the light mat and placed it's opposing border strip on top of it to perfectly align the second border with the first. Score! The more that I use it the more uses I find for it! It has three light settings: low, medium and high.
Not only is its illumination valuable for applique but also for tracing embroidery designs onto linen.
But, maybe the most exciting feature of the Cutterpillar is the translucent cutting mat! Score!! If you have ever done any paper foundation piecing you know how crucial it is that you have a large enough piece underneath your foundation in the area that you're covering. Most of the time it's a guess before the piece is flipped over and you stitch (blindly) on the next line, hoping for the best; now you can see straight through, and cut right on the see-through surface! This tool eliminates that guesswork and allows you to align each piece, sized and placed properly, every time! I don't dread foundation piecing now-- I have always enjoyed the versatility of the method but shied away from its relative fussiness. No more. 

You might want to add a Cutterpillar to your Christmas list. You will love all its uses. Take a minute to watch the video in the hyperlink above. I am not associated with the company, nor do I receive any compensation for this endorsement, I am simply a fan of the product and believe that you will be too. 
This little light o' mine, I'm gonna let it shine... 
Oh, yeah!
Life is Good!

 

8 comments:

Ramona said...

I bought one of these awesome light pads at the Mid Atlantic Quilt show and love mine, too.

Unknown said...

Oh I was drooling over this at the quilt show! It's definitely on my Christmas list!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

neat see through mat! what a good idea

Needled Mom said...

How nice to have it so portable! That would be perfect for the paper piecing.

cityquilter grace said...

definitely a better mousetrap!

Janet O. said...

Looks like a very clever, and helpful addition to our quilting tool arsenal.
And I love your leaf block. :)

celia ambrose said...

Where did you purchase this fantastic product? Are quilt shops buying these? I would love to have it. Thank you for sharing this new product!

jude's page said...

Looks like a pretty cool new purchase, have not seen these down under yet.