09 October, 2006

Catching Up...?

I don't have time to read my magazines when they arrive. I pile them up for when I have time to sit and read them, leisurely. That leisure time rolls around less and less these days; and so, the piling up continues. This weekend we drove three hours south to attend a wedding on Saturday. I took along a tote bag filled with magazines to read in the car. I used to look forward to this ritual... my husband driving, me reading, on car trips.
Not anymore. The reason?

TRUCKS!
Does anyone else happen to notice that there are more trucks on the highway than ever before, or does it just seem this way? I have become more and more nervous about road travel because of it. It seems (at least to me) that there's more indiscriminate passing going on, dangerous speeds and trucks "pushing", or tailgating, than ever before... it makes me so jumpy that I can hardly even open the cover on my magazines to read the table of contents!

I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend, the wedding and the hotel in the historic district of downtown Columbia, SC. It was lovely. I didn't enjoy the road trip, either direction. I don't know what the answer is. (My husband would probably suggest tranquilizers!)
I suppose I should seek to practice some sort of active relaxation techniques; oh wait... I think there's an article about that in one of my recent magazines as a matter of fact. Hmmm...
I'll need to brew a cup of tea and curl up on the couch to find and read that, far away from
the passing lane! In the meantime I pray that the growing pile of magazines won't create an avalanche in the family room! Wish me luck, I'm going to try and work on reclaiming my calm passenger status; but first, I need to catch up on my reading!

After all...
Life is Good!

I know that...

HONK!

No comments: