05 June, 2007

Summer Fun

I have a couple of special little girls in my life. Now that summer days are here, and they will most likely be traveling somewhere, I remembered a pattern I had tucked back a long time ago. It's a pattern for Coloring Bags by Clothesline Quilts, perfect for quiet time in the car. Of course, I needed to personalize them and fill them with coloring books, too! One of my little friend's Daddy reads my blog, it's my hope that he sees here how to slip the crayons into the little front pockets, as hers will arrive by mail with the crayons still boxed to avoid breakage.

These are quick, easy and fun to make. They require very little yardage and, best of all, you make two at a time! If you have special children in your life consider stitching up some Coloring Bags, it's guaranteed to to yield plenty of summer fun... for you, and them!

Life is Good!

18 comments:

Quilting Memories said...

I bet your thread matched perfectly. LOL The bags are really cute, I know the 2 little ones will like them!!!! Good seeing you yesterday.

meggie said...

Love those little bags! The children will be sure to love them.

Mama Spark said...

Lucky little girls!

His Office, My Studio said...

What great gifts! You did a great job.

CONNIE W said...

I should make one for Abby. What a great idea. I've seen one displayed at the quilt shop but never did it. Yours are better because they are personalized!

Tanya said...

Pretty little bags! So colorful for the colorers!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Such thoughtful gifts! I remember many, many years ago some sort of coloring aprons that were quite the rage. These bags make much more sense.

Libby said...

Ahhh - who needs kids . . . even grown-ups should take time for crayons *s*

Unknown said...

The bags are great and a very nice gift for children. The pockets for the crayons are a nice idea too. Take care.

Laurie Ann said...

Those are fantastic bags. Oh how I would have loved one of them when I was a kid! I am sure you will have two very happy girls.

Sure has been a long time since you have posted a picture of that handsome Hannes!!

Shelina said...

What a great idea - a place to tow and stow your belongings and work projects. I'm sure the girls will just love them. And since you personalized them, no arguing about which is whose.

Angie said...

Those bags are adorable! Wouldn't you have loved to have gotten one of those when you were little...I sure would have!!! :)

Beemoosie said...

Those are darling!!! What blessed little girls!
Love your previous post to, what a great group of women!

Sheila said...

What a great idea. I have four grandchildren and these would be a blessing on a road trip.
Thank you for the compliment you left on my blog. You are very kind..
xo

Teodo said...

These bags are lovely.
It's a great idea.
ciao ciao

Sue Seibert said...

This is wonderful. What a cute idea. I have a little friend who would love one of these!

Evelyn aka Starfishy said...

Those are great bags! I've been thinking of making something similar, but for Matchbox cars (yes, I have a BOY!) - with a velcro circle at the top of each pocket to keep the car from falling out! Love your version.

Cheers!

Evelyn

atet said...

I've seen this pattern and been tempted -- now even more so. If I could only convince my daughter that she can't EAT the crayons...