11 November, 2010

Blankies!

A quilt is not a blanket, I admit to being more than a little bit adverse to even using that word. A blankie, however, is another story all together. Made from super-soft double sided fleece (Flurr) and bound with flannel cut on the bias, these little cuties measure just eighteen inches square; a perfect size as a light cover for a newborn and for carrying around when toddler-hood arrives. I added a little personalization to make these unique to the recipients, my newest baby model was more than happy to oblige me this opportunity to show his in use! The idea for these came from the book: Quilts, Bibs and Blankies... Oh My!, these are a quick and easy gifts, enjoyed by both mothers and babies alike; go ahead, ask me how I know.
Life is Good!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Salem Stitcher said...

Adorable! So is the blankie!

Mary Lou Casada said...

If only you had some sweet little models for your blankies...Oh wait!!! You DO! :-D You make me long for the day, Mrs. G. I'll be in my dotage before I have grandbabies, I fear, having started later on my own bunch. If it's half as lovely as your experience, I'll be most blessed indeed!
Blessings,
Mary Lou

Susan said...

I love blankies. We keep them til they where out. Yours are beautiful, of course. Love the blankie models too.

Zlaty said...

Your model is so cute! :) Well done grammy!

leigh anna said...

Gregory LOVES his, almost as much as his mommy does!
I love the size!
I love the fabric!
AND I love that Gregory's Nana doesn't get upset when I say blankie (for this this one at least!)

MJMR said...

Such a handsome young man.

Pat said...

The last time you mentioned Flurr in a post, I scouted around and ordered a yellow piece, in anticipation of the our newest grandchild. I have yet to put it away -- sometimes adults need to cuddle a blankie too. Sinfully snuggly!

Nane said...

I want one in my size. He is one handsome boy.

Quiltdivajulie said...

He is absolutely gorgeous ...

*karendianne. said...

...awww...

Tanya said...

I have been so out of the loop and am just not checking in to find you have TWO miracles to write down in your Bible! Congratulations! Give both your red hair angels a kiss from me!

Mama Spark said...

Brilliant idea, thanks for sharing!!