10 November, 2010

Store Pick Up

I was out of my normal stomping grounds yesterday morning. I needed to drive to a nearby town and pick up my mother-in-law for Circle meeting at church. I decided to stop at the Walgreens near her home on my way to pick up some printed photos of the grandbabies. I ordered them through an online service from my laptop and checked the little box on the order form that reads: Store Pick Up. I received an E-mail confirmation that they were ready before I headed out. I ran another errand first and zipped into the pharmacy, I had plenty of time to spare. A thought crossed my mind as I made my way to the photo counter: "why don't all Walgreens set up their stores the same way"? I told the first employee I encountered what I was there to pick up; after some enthusiastic and dedicated searching in the photo department the clerk came up empty handed. I explained that I had received an E-mail and he kindly searched again. Nothing. He called another Walgreens nearby in case I had checked the wrong box on my order. Nope. I was reminded of a similar incident that happened two years ago, so, I gave him my blogger name; I had nothing to lose. He gave me a very confused look and simply suggested that I call back after I got home to supply him with the order and store number; he wrote down his name, the phone number and the extension on a small slip of paper. I agreed that I would do that and left the store. Later yesterday afternoon I dug out the paper, logged into my E-mail and called with the needed information; after reading through the message to the clerk I was met with momentary silence before being informed that I was calling CVS, NOT Walgreens! Walgreens is located across the street, no wonder the stores aren't set up the same way.

Life is Good!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Janet said...

ooops! LOL

(Kudos to you for admitting your mistake here on the blogging stage!)

Domestic Designer said...

That is so funny! Sounds like me.
DD

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh dear . . . funny now, probably not so funny then.

(We all live in the same world, trust me!)

Susan said...

Very funny. I did a similar thing with our wedding photos, only I sent them to a different Walgreens. I didnt know you could send them to CVS, or I might have done that too.

LizA. said...

LOL -- so glad to hear I'm not the only one that does things like this....God bless the patience of all those clerks who have to deal with people like us...

Nane said...

I am right there with you...I just spent time on the phone with BB&T trying to find an account, that I later realized was at RBC. Too many acronyms in our world!

Libby said...

*ooops*

Lindah said...

What's with the CVS across the street from Walgreens thing? They do that here on the west coast, too. Trying to confuse us? Is it a nutty marketing strategy or something?

Teresa said...

Well don't feel alone. Back in the days when we still wrote checks, I even went so far as to write out the check for the wrong store, and the clerk took it! They had to call me the next day to come down and give them a new check.

Teresa said...

Well don't feel alone. Back in the days when we still wrote checks, I even went so far as to write out the check for the wrong store, and the clerk took it! They had to call me the next day to come down and give them a new check.

StitchinByTheLake said...

Ok, I am you. You are me. I do that kind of stuff all the time. Sigh. blessings, marlene

AnnieO said...

Oh, that is smile inducing! I did the same thing at a gas station once...my credit card would not work at the pump so I took it to the counter. The guy told me they don't take that card. I said why not? And he told me it was because I was at a Shell station not a Chevron station. Bright red was I!