24 November, 2010

Poinsettia Paradise

If this doesn't get you in the Christmas spirit, I don't know what will! We took a ride out to Mitchell's Nursery in King, NC on Monday morning and quickly became lost in a sea of Christmas color. This nursery boasts over 9,000 Poinsettia plants in 67 different varieties, and each and every one is perfect! Look carefully at the greenhouse photo, you can spot my husband, Mom, and Dad in the background (for perspective) trying to help me make a decision as to which one to bring home, an almost impossible task. We couldn't reach a consensus, I ended up with two.

Let the decorating begin~
Life is Good!


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Toni said...

How beautiful! What a great picture to take pictures, the colors are fantastic!!

Nane said...

I love the splotchy ones, they remind me of peppermint. Hope you and your crew have a great Thanksgiving.

LizA. said...

Mmmm, lovely. Reminds me of a place we have like that here in the Seattle area. I always want to bring them ALL home.

Aliene said...

I saw a gold one that was beautiful.
I love them all.n

Barb said...

Oh isn't that just gorgeous when you walk into the beauty of the Poinsettias? You are right it is so hard to pick *just one*...sometimes even tough selecting only two :>)!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and to your family!

quiltmom anna said...

I love poinsettias- they were my wedding flowers as we were married on Boxing Day( December 26) 1980. They always make me smile- I have had red ones, pink ones, white ones and peppermint stripe ones- and some other combinations over the years. I expect we will buy one soon- The weather has warmed up and it is good to buy them when it is not - 25 C outside which it was earlier this week.
I hope that you have had a marvelous Thanksgiving Day. Enjoy your shopping tomorrow.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Carrie P. said...

Wow, what fun to see so many varieties.