22 May, 2014

Ramping It Up!

How does that saying go? "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten?" Something like that. My quilting endeavors seem stale to me lately, with the exception of that "Head For The Border" challenge I haven't tackled anything truly new or put forth any extra, out of the ordinary effort.  In an attempt to take it to the next level I have registered up for a few classes this summer; nothing like a new perspective from a skilled instructor to jumpstart that old creativity! One class is on "free-form piecing" taught by Lynne Tyler and the second is a longarm quilting class taught by Gina Perkes; they are completely different as far as content but learning some new approaches and getting some fresh ideas should go a long way to ramp up the imagination level and bring me to a more original and energetic place as far as my quilts are concerned. I couldn't be more excited about learning a new thing or two... how do you reignite your own spark?
Life is Good!

6 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

This is exciting! I recently took the New York Beauty class, the first quilting class in YEARS, and it was so stimulating! I know you will have a fun summer with these new learnings....

Quiltdivajulie said...

You will LOVE Lynne's class!!

Paula, the quilter said...

One day, when I am not working, I'll be able to take classes.

Janet O. said...

I do take classes when I can. Just took a FMQ feather class from Sue Patten last Saturday. Her style is very different from what I have done, so when my Gidget gets back from the shop, I will be trying my hand at a new-to-me feather technique.

Millie said...

You're gonna take MY class?? HOT DIGGITY! I'm gonna get to meet you in person!!! WOO HOO! We're going to have some fun, but I warn you, I'm gonna work you hard.

Which one (or more) of my quilts do you want to see in person? I'll bring them along.

We are going to have some fun! I'm looking forward to it.

AnnieO said...

You've been working on a lot of older projects and surely deserve a new twist to dance to! Enjoy your classes!