02 April, 2020

On The Plus Side

This is a re-post of sorts from the spring of 2014. I know that there are no shortage of quarantine sew-alongs and patterns out there to stitch up while we are sheltering at home. Here's one more. If there was ever a time to make a quilt oozing of positivity-- this is the time! These blocks were designed in EQ and are super quick and easy to sew; believe me, the hardest part will be selecting your fabrics and stopping-- making these little blocks are like eating potato chips! Your cutting directions are pictured below, these cute little "plus" blocks finish to five inches.
Here's the layout:
This quilt (my finished quilt is pictured below) as drafted finishes to 45" X 55" including a 2.5" inner border. Certainly the size could be boosted with additional sashing or extra blocks.
Have fun with this. 

Adapting to an upside down 🙃world: As I mentioned earlier, spring is coming on and there's no stopping that. Mr. Goodneedle and I have rebooted our outdoor walking regimen to right after breakfast (we're early risers); there's no one else outside yet and at this time of year we're serenaded by bird song and emerging foliage. We have a bluebird couple nesting in the nesting box right outside my studio space, this morning we observed them both sitting on top of the box in all their glory. I will check the box in a few days for any eggs. I hope that you're all well, staying safe and healthy; wash your hands!🧼

Prayer update: Thanks one and all for your prayers for Quiltkeemosabe's husband. He had surgery last evening and the best of all possible outcomes was realized. He's been moved to a post-surgical ICU at this time, things are really looking up for him and their family today! Your prayers are working!

"But for you, O Lord, do I wait; it is you, O Lord my God, who will answer." Psalm 38:15

Think Positive!
Life is Good!

Up next: Sorting It Out

6 comments:

Lilac Joan said...

I love plus blocks and yours it great. I am putting number three in my line of quick quilts in "stay at hoe" quilts. Thank you.

cityquilter grace said...

excellent news about your friend's husband...but no tempting with another new project, hear? went thru my inspiration notebook and idea overload....lol

jude's page said...

Great news re your friends husband, and lovely message and bible verse for today. The world has certainly turned upside down.

Tanya said...

Thank You Lord! We trust You to make all well. In Jesus' name, Amen.

The positive thinking quilt is fantastic!

Betsy said...

Thank you for this awesome pattern. I have stopped all my other projects to work on these for a bit.wish I could send some pics

dorothy said...

Love your turtle graphic, he should be on a t-shirt!