16 April, 2020

YAGOF

YAGOF = You're A Grand Old Flag! Yep, the Flag-A-Day project has progressed into YAGOF. This flimsy is made from the "Stars and Stripes" Thimble Blossoms pattern by Camille Roskelley, it measures 56" X 71". 
I used a mushroomy beige/gray setting fabric; this quilt will be used on our new screened in porch this summer, it will live on the back of the sofa out there for comfort on chilly nights or early mornings.  
I'm eager to quilt this one up. I have a custom quilt on the rails right now, this will be up next!
As I pieced YAGOF another tumbler quilt grew beneath the needle, leader-ender style. At this rate, I'll have a stack of these quilts to donate come fall. 
This is the magic scrap basket which sits at the base of my Accuquilt cutting table. It's a "loaves and fishes" basket, it never empties but continues to provide-- with leftovers! I feed it with pieces too small to reshelve: anything smaller than 12" X 18" inches. There seems to be a constant supply, and SEW it goes...
Life is Good!

Up next: Chain Reaction

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

oooh love RWB quilts....so patriotic and pretty!

straythreads said...

Another great quilt top beautiful

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Beautiful!!! I love that block/pattern!!

Ramona said...

When my daughters were little, one of their dance recital performances was to "Your a Grand Ole Flag". They sang and danced to that song for years. I love your flag quilt and the color of your background fabric.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Perfect quilt for your new porch!