11 June, 2020

And So It Grows...

Last year was the first year for the perennial garden just outside my sewing room. Some of you might who've been reading along for awhile might remember that we made stepping stones to place in the garden while it was being laid out and that four of them were personalized for the grandchildren. Here's Gregory a year ago with a side-by-side shot from the same spot today for comparison; things are beginning to fill in nicely. 
This snapshot is from the back side, looking toward the side porch which enters into my sewing room.
This view is from the walkway that leads onto that side porch, another view. I don't remember when I've enjoyed another pastime more (when I'm not sewing); working in the garden is such special and looked-forward-to time.
These are Easter Lilies planted from our church service a year ago, I have two other groupings of these too, elsewhere in the same garden; I cannot believe how they've spread and multiplied~ Alleluia!
Not only is this spot a treat for us, but it's become a haven for birds and butterflies too. 
I find that I simply cannot watch the news anymore. The garden has become my spot for cultivating peace and beauty, for communing with nature; there's no labeling, divisive language or attacks. This has become my sanctuary: serenaded by birdsong and buzzing insects I find peace here. Where do you go for your peace of heart and mind?

"For the Lord comforts Zion; 
he comforts all her waste places and makes her wilderness like Eden,
    her desert like the garden of the Lordjoy and gladness will be found in her,
  thanksgiving and the voice of song." - Isaiah 51:3

Life is Good!

5 comments:

Lilac Joan said...

I limit my news watching to one hour a day. Now I think I will reduce it to zero. What peace your scripture verse gives. Thank you for sharing it and thank God.

cityquilter grace said...

a beautiful solace mrs. g....mine is the ocean but alas none close...so a sub will be found....saturday is mental health daytripping...

Janet O. said...

You have a beautiful place to find sanctuary! I find a lot of peace in my sewing room, on evening walks through my community, or sitting on our deck listening to the birds.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Beautiful growth in your new garden -- I spend a lot of time on our back porch listening to the birds, appreciating the shade from our giant trees, and feeling the breezes blow. News? I check in once a day (more local than national) but no more than a half hour max.

Tanya said...

Your garden is beautiful! I love the bird bath fountain... We've finally got birds visiting us but no place for them to enjoy water...