08 June, 2020

Sleeping Away, Going Home

We had an overnight visitor on Friday night. Lynnleigh arrived in the afternoon and promptly removed the clothes that she was wearing and pulled on her new sundress which I had just finished. (the link to the pattern was in a previous post, but here it is again.) I can't say enough good things about the fit and the ease of wearing, no buttons or zippers. Once you figure out the method (not hard!) to sewing the pleats it's Easy Peazy! 
She wore it home on Saturday, too; I think she liked it!😉 We had a wonderful time together. She and Nana decided that it would be a good idea to clean out and take inventory of the Art Box, that is her favorite thing to explore when she's here. I had just replaced my decrepit label maker with a new one which arrived from Amazon that day, we put it right to work!
We labeled whatever we could attach a sticker to: the bins of crayons, markers, scissors, paper, smaller tablets and so on. Lynnleigh wrote me a list of things we need to replace or add to the box, she was very serious and thorough with her list-making. 
She even the numbered the entries: #1. wotir clors (water colors), #2. PomPoms #3. pip clenirs, #4. glue stik, #5. gitir glue (glitter glue) #6. paly-doh. She left her list in the kitchen beside my grocery list! 🥰
One more: from our D.E.A.R. (drop everything and read) time on the porch. Isn't this precious?

I am deeply grateful to one and all for your prayers on behalf of my mother. She spent Monday through Friday in the hospital with pneumonia in her right lung. She was discharged to a rehab facility nearby until yesterday, she's at home again with my Dad and sleeping in her own bed again. She's feeling much, much better; thanks be to God!

"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed; 
save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise."
 -Jeremiah 17:14

Life is Good!

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Hooray for healing prayers and their results. Beautiful photos of your grand girl - she's growing so fast.

cityquilter grace said...

ah the great physician at work again...wonderful news....at vbs i was directing a 7 yo with pipe cleaners....he had no idea what they were....he knew them as chenille stems....i felt old there for just a nanosecond...lol

Sherrill said...

The dress is adorable and yes, I believe she loves it! What a wonderful nana she has. Glad your mom is home now.

Tanya said...

So good to hear that your mother is home again. The dress is adorable as is Lynnleigh.

Janet O. said...

What a cute little pixie she is! She looks adorable in the dress.
I absolutely love the shopping list she made you.
Precious closing shot.
So happy to hear your Mom is doing well.

jude's page said...

Was wondering how you mother was going, so pleased to hear that all is much better. Your sewing effort looks fantastic.