26 September, 2020

Fun~fetti

Fun~fetti ~ 56" X 70"

This one named itself as it took form, it reminds me of rainbow sprinkles scattered into white cake batter and vintage, long-ago birthday parties. I got this top together from Box #2-- the stack of numbered UFO's waiting patiently for me in the stash closet. This box already contained a decent size stack of low volume shaded nine patch blocks along with the remains of a jelly roll left over from rug making.

The shaded 9-patch is done from a Studio 180 technique sheet and the Tucker Trimmer, the results speak for themselves. I persevered until I had enough shaded-9's to complete twelve blocks and took off from there. I was able to use up quite a few 2.5" squares from my precut "lights" bin (Scrap User's System) for that inner border and chopped up the remaining jelly roll bits into enough rectangles to complete the piano key outer border. Voilà! Almost as exciting as completing yet another top is that growing stack of emptied out bins! Almost. 😉

Life is Good!

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

very nice....sounds like you are making big progress on busting old stash...

Quiltdivajulie said...

Really lovely!!!!

Quiltdivajulie said...

P.s. Bonnie H is looking for ideas to use her “light mediums” and this seems well suited to that approach.

Paula, the quilter said...

I've been working on some QOV quilts. I thought I only had 2 or 3 to quilt. Not! I have 6!! We both seem to be busting stash and UFOs.

Janet O. said...

Great name for a very happy finish!

Panto Pam said...

What a FUN quilt! I am also on the quest of finishing up UFOs and emptying project boxes. This week I deconstructed two "kits" that I am now over and put that fabric back in the stash. It is a great feeling!

Tanya said...

I'm doing some bin cleaning myself with leaders/enders and extra blocks.

You sure got that border to match up perfectly at the corners! I always have trouble getting those to match.