01 October, 2020

Cooler Days...

The days have turned cooler, fall is in the air, October has arrived. You know, I truly have lost track and sense of time and seasons with all the sameness of these past six months.  I know that it's autumn but I don't feel like it should be. It's more than just a sense of time flying it's more like a disorientation for me. It's hard to explain.  I told Mr. Goodneedle yesterday that if I woke up tomorrow and learned it was January I don't know that I would be surprised or feel any different than I do right now. He theorized that it's because we missed the "markers" this year: Easter, end-of-school activities and attending the swim meets of our grandchildren, summer vacation, etc., those events that place everything into a logical and linear timeline. Maybe that's it, I just don't know. Am I alone in this thinking?       ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  Anyway, time marches on and so do I...

I found a new (to me) recipe for peanut butter cookies this week and I have to share it, it's my new, absolute, favorite! Having said that, you should know that peanut butter cookies have always been sort of "meh" for me; I suppose it's because I hadn't tried these before! Here's the link , these have a nice crunch on the outside but remain soft and chewy inside. I substituted extra crunchy peanut butter for smooth. If you even marginally like peanut butter cookies this is a must try!
I have two more tumbler quilts ready for binding and donating. Ordinarily our church supports an outreach program in West Virginia that gives aid to families in need at Christmastime. I have been stacking up these quilts all year for children in that program but, as of this past week, we're still unsure as to the plans for this year's distribution of needed items. I'll just keep stacking up needed items until we know more.
Yes, the calendar says it's October. I'll go with that. One step at a time...one day after another.
Go ahead, try the cookies! 
🍂
Life is Good! 

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

just so happens i like peanut butter cookies to begin with...but don't you think you could kick them up a notch by sandwiching them with...oh say, chocolate buttercream frosting??? hmmm??? go big or go home they say...

Quiltdivajulie said...

DH has a peanut butter cookie bar recipe that includes chocolate chips - they're fabulous and we love them. And Mr. G. is correct about our markers missing. Little Man's school has shifted to the kids wearing masks now in addition to all the other protocols - none of the related adult family members have been able to visit since March so their classroom holiday parties are missing along with so many other activities. Younger son and I put out the white lights on the fence last week as the evenings begin sooner than a couple of weeks ago, I pulled out and put up the early autumn seasonal decor, and we went to the local pumpkin place yesterday to add a few fresh gourds and such to the mix . . .

Debbie B said...

I love a good peanut butter cookie and I will surely try these. They sound delish. I think tumbler quilts are great. I think I will make one for our hospice quilt group. Thank you.

Tanya said...

Yum! I LOVE Peanut Butter Cookies but I try not to bake too often just because I don't need the extra calories and my husband doesn't need the extra sugar! Too tempting!

Lcrrkhs said...

Since we were in lockdown in the Spring, we didn't see the planting season happen. Now that we are in harvest, I wonder "When did that planting happen?!?!" But it was so reassuring that when we emerged in June to see corn and beans both growing. It meant that some things in the world will continue.