27 December, 2020

Creativity Abounds

We spent Christmas Eve day with our daughter and her family in the Capital City. Lucy Ann was eager to take me upstairs to their finished, converted attic space which has become her (and her brother's) play room. They do allow their father a secluded corner of the space for his work-from-home office. 😉 We enjoyed time together as a family, opened gifts and had a wonderful dinner together before I actually got upstairs with her to see what she was so excited to show me. Lucy Ann loves her American Girl dolls. "Loves" might not even be a strong enough word: she's obsessed. She wanted to show me how she had created a home for them in an elevated section of her play space. I was absolutely blown away by her creativity and attention to detail. She took me around for a room-by-room "tour". Each doll has its own bedroom and theme. The living room was all decorated for Christmas complete with stockings hung by the fireplace for each doll and Christmas cookies set out on plates. She has made many of the accessories herself, creating furniture, wall art and motivational sayings. Now granted, I am her grandmother and may be a wee bit prejudiced where this is concerned, but have a look below and see if you don't agree with me. I didn't get any shots of the kitchen, I just realized. It was as well appointed and equipped as any of the room settings shown here.
Isn't this cute? I had to go back downstairs to get my camera to share all of this. It probably comes as no surprise that this girl's bedroom is every bit as neat and well-organized as these of her "children". Our daughter told me that Lucy Ann spends hours on end playing with her dolls and designing. Apparently there's a YouTube channel with inspiration for this type of creative endeavor. I told my daughter-in-law about that the following day, as this kind of activity is right up our youngest granddaughter's alley too. I love the fact that this creative spirit is alive and well, I am thrilled to see it cultivated and encouraged! This "can do" characteristic and enthusiasm will carry her a long, long way in the coming years. 

Life is Good!


4 comments:

Caro said...

I smiled at the American Girl creations. My granddaughter, who is now 16, created much the same abode for her family of AG dolls. I love the inspiration the dolls generate. I so enjoyed this phase of my granddaughters lives.

cityquilter grace said...

no surprise mrs. g...your own creativity and spirit lives on...

straythreads said...

The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Oh my goodness - to have the space, energy, and spirit to create such a marvelous "home" for her AG dolls. Fabulous.