13 July, 2021

Renewed Hope!

After the heartbreak of last week's baby Bluebird loss, there is abundant hope that we have another family in the not too distant future. Mom and dad have been back checking out the nesting box! 
Speaking of nesting birds, at long last I have gotten this one quilted and the finishing binding on this four block folkart wallhanging; this is the result of a Sue Nickels workshop that I took years ago at MidAtlantic Quilt Festival up in Hampton, VA.  I was inspired to get it done after touring the Southern Quilts exhibit at the National Quilt Museum and being enamored with the historic applique quilts there earlier this year. 
Not only is it finished, but it's hanging, at long last, in our home; I always HOPED I'd see this day. Don't we all start every new project with high hopes and determination ~ only to lose steam? 
I need to teach myself the importance of being a little ol' ant and hanging on to those high hopes! 😊
We hosted our former neighbors for the weekend, we had a glorious time catching up (it's been years);  the late nights took their toll, I needed naps for two days in a row after their departure! Back in August of 1985 we bought a newly constructed home right next door to these fine folks. For ten years we lived side by side, we raised our children together and Janis and I walked together every single morning after we loaded the kiddos on the school bus; those were golden days. A good neighbor is a found treasure and we certainly were the beneficiaries of that, to the fullest. We moved away in 1995 and, after a few more years, retirement saw them selling their home and moving to Oklahoma. You may remember, in September of last year, I requested prayer for Janis in this blog post. Thanks be to God, she is now totally free and clear of cancer! Her healing is complete and she has been released from further treatment for her lymphoma. She never lost hope for one moment but, rather, as a role model of immense faith, persevered and triumphed over this dread disease; and she did it with a joyful heart! I have always marveled at her strong spirit and unshakeable faith, one that has been demonstrated as long as I have known her. She gives all the thanks and glory to God; and is grateful for your faithful prayers and for her doctors, nurses and drug therapies that all, ultimately, come from Him, creator of all things!
And so, we go on, with HOPE in our hearts for every. single. blessing; both great and small.
Life is Good!

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

wonderful news about your friend....and the bird parents too! have been humming that hymn "day by day" often to keep me going...

straythreads said...

The power of prayer

Needled Mom said...

That’s great news about your previous neighbor. I’m sure you enjoyed their visit immensely. Keeping my fingers crossed about the new interest in the nest!

Tanya said...

Thank you for the update on your neighbor. Yes! Hope comes from God and produces joy and peace!