19 July, 2021

Finishing Up...

I've been trying to wrap up some lingering projects-partially-done by getting them quilted, bound and ready for finishing. When I get on a roll it's really not that hard, I just need to keep focused and on track. 
This is "Fun~fetti" after trimming up. It's one from a couple of years ago where I tried my hand at the split-nine patch using low volume fabrics. I felt it was really much too blah, so set it with a colorful jelly roll that I had in the stash. The quilting design is "Plumage" by Jodi Beamish for Willow Leaf Studio, I quilted it using a darker tan thread that matched the backing fabric (same as the binding). I'm pleased with the results; it's a happy quilt. 
This scrappy hexie has been hanging around, half done, on the design wall for way too long! Last week I pulled the bin of already cut pieces and made quick work of adding the last six rows. I consulted with a few trusted quilter friends on whether or not to add a border and the consensus was "no", so, off the wall it came and in an hour is was loaded and ready for the Snowbird to give it some quilted texture. 
"Popcorn" is the chosen pantograph for this one (also Jodi Beamish for Willow Leaf): fun and lively. there are 280 4" hexagons from the scrap bin in this one.  I've decided to name it "Off the Wall", because it finally is. Hopefully it will be off the rails today too, and added to the stack for hand finishing.
After binding I hand baste the bindings down so that they're all ready when I am. 
The perennial garden just outside the door is putting on a colorful show right now. If the afternoons cool off just a bit I may carry that finishing handwork out to the side porch to fully enjoy this sight, not only do I delight in the blooms, but the birds and the butterflies too. How are you spending your summer days? It's such a good feeling to be finishing things. I'll dig around to see what else I can pull from the closet to put together, there are loads of nearly-completed things in there; and, luckily, I don't have to dig too deep!
 ðŸ˜‰
Life is Good!

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

finishing is good indeed! lovely garden and colorful quilts...

Tanya said...

I love that Scrappy Hexie! So bright and cheerful!