31 December, 2021

Twixmas?

A blog-reading friend sent me the link to another blogger  who recently had a most interesting post regarding Twixmas. The term was new to me, but once I read the post I understood fully why my friend had forwarded it to me. After that last post regarding the self-imposed "grace period" granted between Christmas and New Year's, I learned that, according to this afore-mentioned blogger, what I was observing was actually called Twixmas!  
______________________
What is Twixmas?
Twixmas is the term used to describe the days between Christmas and New Year (27th-30th December), when – work and family commitments depending – you can take some much needed down time. For many of us, it's time when we can fully relax and spend our days doing nothing.
Why is it called Twixmas?
Twixmas originates from the old English word 'betwixt' which simply means 'between'.
_____________________
Who knew?

My Twixmas was actually extended a bit longer than the strictly defined time period above, I suppose I have taken liberties! It's been a most relaxing and fulfilling week. Along with finishing that "It's A Wrap" table runner I've also binge-watched three seasons of the Holiday Baking Championship (up until this week I hadn't ever watched even one episode), now I'm hooked. Tomorrow this will all come to an end as we step into the New Year. I've been struggling to choose an appropriate guiding word for 2022, one that will follow the past three:  2019's Focus, 2020's Vision, and 2021's Mindful
I've finally selected what I hope is the perfect inspirational word for myself.
Stay tuned~ see you next year!
🥳
Life is Good!

7 comments:

Marie said...

Love the newest quilted runner, it is so very cheerful. I was going through some stuff the other day and was wondering if you ever did any more smocking? It always was fun to do . I wish for you a very Happy healthy New Year. Hugs, Marie

straythreads said...

Happy New Year love that word Twixmas spellcheck is having a hard time with it, I’ve been doing and not known what I was doing. beautiful table runner

cityquilter grace said...

happy new year mrs g....lovely runner and was made for that chair i believe...

Needledmom said...

Who knew there was a name for it? The runner is darling. Happy New Year.

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE that there is a long tradition for that grace period … wonderful post!

Carole said...

Happy New Year! Lovely project! I love this time of year. Short work week, reflection, celebration ... love .... a time for gratitude.

Tanya said...

Looking forward to your One Word reveal! It does take some pondering to choose one but then very close to the day something just sparkles and that's it!