06 February, 2022

First Finishes

This one, a block-of-the-month from 2015 that was known as "Creative Options", became a top last year when the blocks were released from their storage bin where they'd been languishing for six+ years. I used creative liberties in setting it together, mine looks nothing like the finished shop sample from almost seven years ago! I loaded it up on Snowbird and quilted it over the weekend. This is, officially, my first finish for 2022. 
I'm pleased with the results. I put the binding on and basted it in place, I'll finish the handwork over the next few evenings; that will temporarily replace the cross-stitch that I've recently pulled back out. 
I had started more little ornaments before Christmas, 
they never got finished for 2021; but, with any luck, I'll be ahead for 2022!
I finished reading this last week; as always, with this author, 
I never saw the ending coming. It was suspenseful suspense FILLED!
Not really a finish, but putting on a glorious FINAL show is this Amaryllis that just won't stop blooming!
What's getting finished this year at your house? I'm reminded of that sign that I saw long ago in a quilt shop: "You'll never finish those quilts that you're not working on". That's certainly true here!

Life is Good!

6 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your quilt just glows in the sunlight. Beautiful quilting!

Suzanne said...

Love the quilting on your Creative Options!

cityquilter grace said...

LOL...being so old getting finished nobody will notice about the creative setting....too funny...but a pretty quilt! thanks for the book review...i've a stack of them waiting...next up is grisham's 'the chamber' a real goodie as my mother says...

celia ambrose said...

Your quilt is just lovely with the diagonal binding also. What a nice finish!

jude's page said...

Love the quilting on your first finish for the year!

Tanya said...

The crosstitch looks like it will be very intricate. I can't wait to see it completed! And thanks for the book recommendation.