10 February, 2022

Sweet Treats

I stitched together those leftover trimmings from using CG's Folded Corner Clipper. They were simply too cute to toss. 
This 36-patch will measure 7.5" square, finished. I'll combine a few of these to make doll quilts for our granddaughters. Isn't it sweet? Speaking of sweet treats, I tried this coffee cake last week. 
I couldn't find a glass pan (as the recipe calls for) that measures 10" X 15", I baked mine in a 13" X 9" pan instead. It was thicker than I would have liked, which called for additional baking time to ensure that it was done all the way through the center. I'd use a bit less batter next time to accommodate the smaller pan size. It was delicious nonetheless. It would be perfect for Valentine's Day breakfast!
Life is Good!



3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Very cute beginnings of doll quilts.
The coffee cake does look delicious. One, when I needed a glass 10x15 pan, I happened to find an Anchor Hocking pan in that size at a local thrift store. It was heaven sent--I haven't seen one since, but I have used it frequently!

cityquilter grace said...

oooh that does look good! and happy grand girls ahead i'd say...

Gloria said...

I've made this coffee cake for many years and it is delicious!! Makes me hungry for a piece. I don't have a glass pan that size, I just use a cookie sheet.