23 July, 2022

I Tried...


When Mason was born in 2008 a good friend told me not to blink. I tried. This happened anyway.
Yes, those are FOURTEEN candles! Sigh. 
I finished Bluebird Garden by Artful Offerings. I used the called for Weeks Dye Works floss colors and stitched it up on 30 ct. Belfast Linen (Mariners Map), two threads over two. The plan is for it to become a small pillow.
My friend and I attended our final Chrismon class at Rufty's in Salisbury this week, this is the Shield of Christ. As I mentioned in a former post, the physical store will be closing its doors later this summer,  becoming an online business only. Since May of 2021 we've diligently taken as many classes as we could in person, once a month. The last two months we've both been going to class and laying in supplies for future projects while we could. It was sad for us to leave the shop together for the last time.
I could use some help identifying this flower. This came in a package of mixed wildflower seeds (see here) and these now stand between 4' and 4.5' tall! They've attracted the goldfinch who balance, delicately on the slender stems. I've tried to get a photo of that, it's such a pretty sight, but so far no luck. I'd like to plant these again next summer if any of you could help me figure out what they are. 

And so... as this summer is rocketing by... 
I've tried to slow down time, 
but it marches on without regard; it's all good!
Life is Good!

8 comments:

Ancestor Collector said...

Happy Birthday to Mason!! How can our oldest grandsons be 14??? Time moves at a more rapid pace now, it seems. Your linen cross-stitch is gorgeous and will make a sweet pillow. I can’t be any help with the wildflower…..I’m much better with perennials, but there are phone apps out there that will identify it for you. Good luck!

Cindy Quilts said...

Happy birthday to your grandson. Your cross-stitch piece is lovely. I believe your wildflower is a Cosmos.

Dotti in CT said...

Coreopsis is what it looks like to me. Birthdays are wonderful celebrations. He will be graduating in another blink!

julieQ said...

Cosmos! I have some pink ones. What a lovely young man!

Ramona said...

Yes, your flower is a cosmos. If you plant them in your garden, they often reseed. Mason looks so much like your husband, I think. Happy birthday to him!

jbettyb said...

Looks like a golden cosmos to me. Beautiful bright flowers. I admire your lovely beadwork - you have made a nice collection. Betty

Rosec said...

Lovely post. The flower is coreopsis. My husband just planted some last month. Cosmos look similar but come in the pink. white and purple colors.

Rosec said...

I think the others are right about cosmos. On second thought, the foliage looks like cosmos. Sorry, didn't realize there are yellow cosmos now.