05 July, 2023

It's July!

Sam says 'hi"! I hope and trust that you all had a wonderful fourth. It was really just another day here as we didn't attend any fireworks or barbecues this year. Work continues on the kitchen re-do; hopefully all of the perimeter counter tops will be fully installed tomorrow. We did observe the holiday with extra flags and patriotic displays, Uncle Sam is currently on sentinel duty at the sewing room door. Sam is a Country Threads pattern

I began this sampler yesterday, even though it won't be finished in a timely manner it will be ready for next year and it will be a fun little project to work on in the evenings this month.
Another sampler, this one a block-of-the-month quilt variety from last year, a Bits 'n Pieces pattern, Lady's Scrap Basket, is finally under the needle for quilting. Panto: "Daisy Swirl" from Willow Leaf Studios. Mine is entitled "Red Letter Day".
And now, the most exciting news of the day! Take a look at this positively scrumptious strawberry quilt! You just know that I had to have this! Amanda over at Westwood Acres Fabrics has kitted up the fabric along with her original quilt pattern for purchase, right now, on her website. I'm always the one saying "I don't buy kits" but, the truth of the matter is that's not always the case; this one is a delightful exception! (The paper pattern-only is available too if you have more restraint than I do and can resist this beautiful hand selected collection of lovelies.) I honestly can't wait to get started on my own Strawberry Jam quilt! Hurry on over (click on the hyperlink above) before these kits and patterns are gone, I promise they're going fast! 
🍓
Life is Good!

5 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Oh, my, Sam is wonderful! And so is the strawberry quilt; yes, you MUST have this!

julieQ said...

How delightful to see your red and white quilts...and Sam, too!! I love that strawberry quilt...so tempting! We stayed home and just had ice cream for our celebration.

Kyle said...

Nothing better than red and white quilts. The strawberry quilt is a perfect summer quilt. Each year our holiday celebrations seem to get quieter and quieter. But that's okay. Country Threads designed such fun quilts.

cityquilter grace said...

Hi to you sam! Such pretty red projects and strawberries a must!

Angie said...

Hi Mrs. G. Finally having some time to check in on your blog and catch up with what’s happening in Angie’s (and your’s) world. He is absolutely beautiful!! I haven’t hardly had time to even process that Marlee left me. I had to have open heart bypass surgery 5 weeks ago. I did great with it, but now it’s starting to really settle in that my house has no little dog heart beats at my feet. These big cats do not fill the house with the huge presence of a dog. I will have to have another doxie at some point. 😊