13 August, 2023

The Fruits of Labor

It's high time for the stash closet to give up some of its bounty. I harvested a full crop this weekend in the form of napkins, all fruit themed, from the shelves. First, a set of five berry printed lovelies. This fabric has been stashed for aWHILE
Cranston Print Works closed its doors over fifteen years ago, and yet, I had this ꜛ saved for posterity. There's no time like now. Making good on my promise to USE my recently revitalized serger on a more regular basis I threaded her up and got to work. Any of you who use sergers know that this part goes lickity-split. 
I dialed in the settings for a narrow hem and I was off! My napkins are cut at a generous 17" square and double-faced (because I don't like seeing the wrong side of the print) making them quite substantial. This uses up some stashed yardage to be sure; win-win!!

A pair of apple napkins are all ready for our September dining as well. It was a fruitful day.
🍎
Life is Good!



5 comments:

quiltmom anna said...

I have/had the Cranston fruit fabric. It was such a pretty design. It is a lovely way to use up the fabrics. Happy quilting. Hugs,A

Paula, the quilter said...

I love making napkins! They make great gifts too.

straythreads said...

Love that fabric

cityquilter grace said...

oh yeah i've a few cranston prints hanging around....lovely and useful napkins!

Janet O. said...

"Fruitful" day. LOL
I still see some Cranston prints now and then in the deep corners of my stash. Most of them came from my Mom's stash at some point.
I think this is a great way to use up some stash!