29 January, 2024

Reflections on January

I don't know where this month has gone. It's been filled with activity, not the least of which is keeping up with breadmaking from two different sourdough starters! What have I gotten myself into? Loaves are being gifted continually. I've branched out into English muffins, cinnamon buns and multi-grain breads too.
Without a lot of words or explanation I'm going to catch up with a post  resembling a photo journal; a look back at this month and what's been finished, what I'm working on and what's been started (there's always something new). 
Driving Age has become a full-fledged flimsy...
...borders have been added...
...quilts have been quilted...
...bulbs have bloomed...
...new starts have made it to the design wall...
...someone has turned ELEVEN, we made our annual pilgrimage to the AG store... 
...sacred stitches have been sewn...
...new recipes have been tried (Pear Pie using Bosc pears)...
...and new perches have been explored!
It's been a snow-less January here, that's not a complaint; we've had some serious cold weather that, hopefully, helps to keep the bug population down come spring. Thank you to those friends who've reached out to check on me in light of my sparse blog posts; I'm  here, all is well... 
 Life is GOOD
💗

3 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Busy month indeed! Love all the quilty projects...driving age and the new start especially! Oh my eleven already? Her hair has changed color too! Pet pal seems quite pleased with himself...our snow is gone and winter too i think...thought you might have gotten whisked away to someplace warm...lol!

straythreads said...

Wow you have been busy! So many beautiful quilts, the first quilt is that a stack and whack with 4 squares? So simple and so elegant. Our snow is melting large patches of ground showing. What fun to go to AG shopping. I’m a long way from a store and haven’t seen the catalogue for years but that time is coming again when the little girls get a little older. Have a good week.

Quiltdivajulie said...

LOVE the photos of Augie and your granddaughter! We had snow and ice and the bitter cold - not fun, let me assure you.