10 January, 2024

Driving Age

So, I pulled these four-patch posies out of the stash closet the other day, they'd aged well. These are all fussy cut and reassembled from the same large scale print. Turning to the laptop and EQ8 I was able to draw up a setting for them that, hopefully will show off each block's individual beauty. It's about time. I seriously couldn't remember how long they'd been languishing until I searched old blog posts and found this.  Imagine that, if UFO's could drive, this one would already have its own license! Stay tuned for a finish.

Life is Good!

4 comments:

quiltkeemosabe said...

These blocks look suspiciously like I set I have. Hmmmm....Is it time to finish them???

cityquilter grace said...

lovely blocks that have aged well...yes i agree, time to finish...

Janet O. said...

Oh, wow--even older than the grandchildren?
I did a few blocks like that once, that were to serve as a border on a feathered star, I believe. All of that is deep in a cupboard or closet somewhere--unfinished. The star and border blocks are finished, but I needed more rows of something to get the quilt to a useable size, and by the time I went looking, those shades of the colors were no longer in the shops. Ever have that experience? I've had it more than I care to admit.
I am really interested to see your plan for these blocks. They are very pretty!

loraine everard said...

Lovely fabric, and what a clever idea! I can't wait to see what you do with it. I also have some fabric that has sat around for a long time, but it's never too late for inspiration to strike!