20 May, 2024

Down Time

There was plenty of down time during our visit up north last week. Time spent visiting Mom in the care facility and waiting, there's lots of waiting time, needed to be filled. Even if the TV is on I have this need to be doing something. I read. I put binding on a quilt, and I cross stitched. It's always good to have something to show for time that has passed. My hands dislike idleness. This is the beginnings of Teresa Kogut's Strawberry Manor.  It's going to be sew pretty. 🍓 Here are the two entirely different books that I began while my bones mended, and finally finished. I can recommend both, for altogether different reasons.  I have two more by Rita Mae Brown that I'll pick up this summer. Animals having conversations with each other regarding human behavior is highly entertaining. 
Our traveling companion, on the other hand,
relishes his own down time. 
It's always good to catch up on one's rest. 
Is it bedtime yet?
Life is Good!

5 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

strawberry manor is sooo beautiful...a worthy project indeed....and i've read 'a single thread' which i enjoyed also...just finished 'the women' by kristin hannah...could NOT put it down!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad you finished your books - that cross stitch is lovely!

Roberta said...

I love Rita Mae Brown & Sneaky Pie Brown books. My mom introduced me to her. The cross stitch is lovely. I've been o. A cross stitch binge si cr Thanksgiving.

Janet O. said...

Love what I see of Strawberry Manor so far.
I haven't read either of those authors. The animals talking over human behavior sounds intriguing.

dq said...

Thank you for the book recommendations. I enjoy an ocassional read when I find the time. The rest of the time I listen to books while sewing.