08 May, 2024

One Stitch At A Time

During my bone-mending "sabbatical" from this blog I have been stitching away. Smaller, close to my body movements such as cross-stitch and piecing didn't over-reach my capabilities. I HAD to do something other than sitting still and reading! This Blackbird Designs sampler spoke to me. I'm drawn to "bee" patterns especially, maybe because my first name is actually Hebrew for bee. 

This began taking shape on the design wall at the same time. The smallest pieces are totally out of my 2.5" squares bins, and the background squares and recs are from my Low Volume stash. This is a fantastic L-E project; I love the secondary design that is emerging. I'm not sure how much farther I'll go with these 10" blocks; if I stopped now it would be a good table-topper size for our breakfast area (but will I?). These blocks grew as this, below, was being joined:
and sew it goes,
buzzing through the projects here, 
one stitch at a time...
"His labor is a chant,
His idleness a tune;
Oh, for a bee’s experience
Of clovers and of noon!"
excerpt from: "The Bee" by Emily Dickinson

Life is Good!

2 comments:

straythreads said...

Glad you are on the mend and able to do some stitching. Beautiful sampler! And love the way you arranged the blocks. Both are more interesting than the traditional straight sets

cityquilter grace said...

Lovely projects...even tho my mobility has been affected recently, my arms and hands spared so far....where there is a will there is a way...God does make a way...