05 September, 2024

Ah, September!

The weather, at long last, has cooled off a bit! Brisk mornings and clear blue-sky afternoons with a slight breeze have been the norm around here this past week; it's a welcome relief~ I'm SO ready! The Dahlias are putting on a colorful show right now. We made another trip north to New England a week ago, a quick back and forth to avoid Labor Day traffic, it's all good. My mother had been hospitalized again and is now residing at a new (to her) rehab facility where she's very happy. Health-wise, she's weak; but she's content. Following that quick visit we continued south from New Hampshire to Massachusetts where we assisted Mr. G's sister with a recent home move. Having lost her husband a year ago she was ready to sell their home and forge a new path on her own. She's settling in nicely, and so is her dog, Monty; although the move was a bit traumatic for him.
Here are Monty and Augie resting after a full day of emptying boxes and wrestling with furniture! 
I read this one, start to finish, on the road trip. Being of a "certain age" I can relate well to the time period of this one, the Viet Nam war era; it's a good read.
The Barn Star quilt, my abbreviated version (56" X 76"), is together and off the design wall.  I needed to make room for the next project, a memory quilt for my SIL made from her dear husband's shirts. I've spent much time deconstructing them this week and getting everything ready to begin. There's a LOT of usable fabric in a shirt!
Stay tuned for progress on this one. I'm deeply grateful to all who've contacted me inquiring as to my whereabouts during the recent blog post blackouts, thank you! I'm fine, we're great and you're all wonderful to check in on me.
Life is Good!

2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

lovely quilt finish even tho abbreviated...no penalty...lol

straythreads said...

Hope you mother gets her strength back, beautiful quilt, the women is the best book I have read this year.cant wait to see what you do with the shirts I have a big box of hubby’s fat shirts and there is a lot of fabric in each shirt.