10 August, 2026

Finishes!

Is there any better word than "finish"? (And by "finish" I mean quilted, bound and labeled!) For a quiltmaker it's a word that brings extreme  joy and a song to the heart! I've not only had one recent finish, I've had three!
Yes, strike up the band!! This tiny quilt-let has twelve hand embroidered month of the year blocks. It's an ancient pattern by Bareroots (I think), it's no longer in print that I can find. I stitched and set these little three inch blocks in 1996; thirty years ago! 
This quilt, my version of the Be-Attitudes, from an Art to Heart book by Nancy Halvorsen was begun in 2008. (Compared to the quilt above it's a relative newcomer to the "now finished" team!) This is now hanging in our eating area in the kitchen where "Mealtime Mantra" has hung for the past fifteen years. I plan to switch the two out from time to time, they're the exact same size.
And now the baby of the bunch, coming in over the "finish" line at only two years of age, "Lemoynes Revisited" is the result of a 2024 BOM at my LQS. This finish deserves a standing  O! These finishes are all credited to much "down time" while our granddaughter napped between events at the recent TYR Futures Swimming Championships in Madison, WI! I probably need to attend more of these if only to get more handwork done! Ha!!
Speaking of handwork... Patriotic Tweet by Teresa Kogut is currently under my embroidery needle in the evenings these days, it's a sweet little design, I'm working it on 30 ct Legacy Linen, the color is Victoria Sponge Cake. 

Since the subject is finishing, please indulge me: two more photos of Lucy Ann from the recent meet. The first one, above shows the level of intensity and focus that she displays before she enters the pool for each event. The second pic I simply adore, it captures the instant when she looked up at the board and realized that she had just finished second overall in the mile (1500 m), I am so happy to see this and relive that perfect water-slapping moment! 
Life is Good!

1 comment:

cityquilter grace said...

and you get the blue ribbon for finishing 3 astounding projects....have to say be-attitudes is my fave...when the pattern came out i was averse to applique so passed it over but i love it...i cannot get over how grown up lucy ann is....