11 January, 2011

A GRRRRREAT Day To Be A Tiger!

Our daughter is a proud Auburn alumni. I stayed up last night until midnight, just for her, to witness her beloved Tigers win the National college football championship game. (OK, I may have napped some during the game but I watched the spectacular finish!) She has rigid good-luck rituals that she adheres to before games: dressing her family in orange clothing and, last night, she even prepared an all-orange dinner! Looks like her strategy worked. It's a happy day at her house this morning. I wonder who's more excited here, Mom or Lucy Ann?

War Eagle!
Life is Good!
It is all about #1 today, isn't it? 1/11/11
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Pat said...

Wow, was that a crazy game or what? Sometimes it's just those little strokes of luck/timing that make all the difference. Enjoy the glow -- victory is sweet!

Salem Stitcher said...

Look at that sweet little Auburn outfit! Too cute!

Okay, I've got to know - what exactly do you serve in an all orange dinner?

leigh anna said...

LA2 looks like my Pickle in that picture! ;) Love her, and her mommy!

Vicki H. said...

So sad that I fell asleep with 5 minutes to go in the game, oh well. I had to watch the recap this morning. Oregon's uniforms were so ugly too! Loved the win for Auburn.

Gari in AL said...

I wore orange and blue, we were up, too, and this morning I was out to get my National Champions shirts (one long sleeved for winter and a short sleeved one for summer). War Eagle!!

Nane said...

LA looks like she is concentrating very hard for her team as she sleeps. I wondered why I got a big WAAAAAR EAAAGLE from one of my friends the next morning.

Cheryl said...

That was a crazy game!!!! Sweet picture of the little one!

dot said...

I live in Oregon and hate the Ducks. I was so happy they won but couldn't celebrate to much as we watched the game with my daughter and her husband. My son in law is an avid Ducks fan.

I was going to make a blue/orange dinner but we had pizza instead. I was going to make blue potatoes (colored with food coloring) and orange eggs (food coloring) making breakfast burritos.