27 December, 2011

Christmas Surprises!

I received the most wonderful Christmas surprise, one I didn't even know that I needed! It's a clamp-on magnifying light that is infinitely positionable, very slim and extremely easy to use! I love it. I have spent the last few mornings doing some appliqué and now I don't know how I managed without it. That Santa is pretty smart! It has a cover that can be popped on over the lens when it's not in use, for safety purposes; handy!









While Santa was at it he put a Clover Needle Threading Cassette in my stocking. I couldn't figure out how to use it. Thanks to a collaboration between my son and husband I know how it works now and can share some step-by-step instructions below, just in case you get one; or have one and can't figure it out! (Don't bother with the terrible directions printed on the package back!)




I love, love, love this little gadget! I keep it in my appliqué box loaded with size 11 sharps and it works very well! Again, this is something I didn't even know I needed. I guess that makes Santa the best of all personal shoppers!

Life is Good!

14 comments:

Shakerwood said...

Leave it to an engineer to figure out what gadgets you didn't know you needed AND figure out how they worked! Is said engineer watching the game now?

Janet O. said...

I've never seen either one of these gadgets. Didn't know what I was missing. : )

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm interested in the clamp-on magnifying light. My eyes, even with bifocals, need some help with needlework/hand-quilting ... and that sounds like it would be perfect! I think I'm going to need to go do some research online. ;-)

*karendianne. said...

That's so kewl. Both surprises. I love the way you described all this, too. It's happy and put a smile on my face. That is to say - the post carries a lovely balance of joy and wittiness. :)

Deborah said...

Great gifts! Thanks for the tutorial on the clover needle threader. I have had one for a year and haven't been able to figure out how to use it! Now I know and it looks like a very handy gadget indeed.

AnnieO said...

Santa is pretty darn clever! Glad you had help to figure out the gadget :)

Salem Stitcher said...

That is a cool needle threader!

regan said...

Oh, what great gifts! Yay!

LizA. said...

I think your Santa needs to teach mine a thing or two.....if I don't hand my Santa very specific lists he's quite useless....sometimes I've even been known to even buy it and hand it to him to wrap....what clever, thoughtful gifts. Good job Santa!

Quilter Kathy said...

What a very cool gadget...must look for it!

CarlaHR said...

Thank you so much for this mini-tutorial on how to use the Cassette Needle threader - I've had mine for ages but never did figure it out. Just tried it out and IT WORKS.

phyzz said...

Delightful handy gifts for you, from your wonderful Santa! (Clever needle threader!)

Nane said...

Always leave the cover on...Mom burned a tiny hole in Mary's quilt when the sun hit her magnifier light just right one day. My eyes are slipping so fast that both these gifts look great!

bingo~bonnie said...

oh wow - what a clever little invention!!!

My Momma Newt would have LOVED one of these during her quilting life. I'm gonna have to look for one of these. I wonder if Joann's has them, if so I can use a coupon!

Enjoying your blog this Saturday morning :) ~bonnie