03 July, 2020

'Tis The Season

It's summer, and you know what that means-- it's peach milkshake season at Chick Fil A! I was treated to one the other evening, (Mr. G knows the way to my heart!) following the latest dental procedure I really didn't want to bite down or chew on anything too hard. That was my excuse then; I don't really have an excuse for the second one that I had yesterday, except for the fact that they're only around seasonally-- yep, that works! Speaking of summer, and seasons, I realized yesterday when I was putting away laundry that I have a summer "uniform" of sorts. Every day, it seems, I wear a short sleeved T-shirt and Bermuda shorts, they're all Life is Good T-shirts, too (of course!). I never really counted how many I have, I just get out a clean one and grab one of three pairs of shorts that I rotate. I have twelve, 12!, T-shirts with one LIG motif or another on the front! Seriously? I had no idea. Some of them are truly vintage, too. I didn't pay any attention to the fact that when I get new ones I never get rid of the old ones, they're still in great shape!   And these are just my short sleeved ones-- I have long sleeved ones too. Apparently I have a problem collection 😉.  If I go out anywhere (I did wear 'real clothes', something more respectable, to the dentist's office this week); but, with the stay-at-home business, it seems I hardly ever go anywhere anymore! Do you have a summer uniform, or "quarantine clothes", for these lazy, hazy, crazy days?
We watched this the other night on Netflix, I highly recommend it; two thumbs up-- way up!
I'm quilting up a couple of quilts right now for a friend, this was the first one up and it's a perfect bright and breezy summertime quilt for a little girl; the simple design begged for loopy flowers quilted with mint green thread; it looks great on the white backing too. Yes, it's summertime and the livin' is easy!
'tis the season ~ stay cool!
Life is Good!

8 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

thanks for the recommendation....gonna get me a peach milkshake...lol!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Firstly Happy 4th of July to you. I had no idea Chic Fil A has peach milkshakes-of course I don't usually indulge, because I'm lactose intolerant, but I may make an exception for one. So for the summer, generally I wear shorts(jeans if it's cold in the morning)and a t-shirt or tank top. I will say since the stay at home, I haven't worn makeup hardly at all. Church and a gathering of friends is about the most I can put it on for. I have to go check out the Life is Good t-shirts. When we go to the Hawaiian islands I usually get some Crazy Shirts-but they are very costly(last forever though).
Love the quilt your quilting.
Hugs,
Noreen

Ramona said...

I've only been to Chick-fil-a once and have never had one of their milkshakes. It might be time to try one! I love the story of your t-shirts. :)

Carolyn said...

I have 1 life is good t, but mainly I wear my quilt ts.

Rebecca said...

100 mile round trip for a peach milkshake.... it might be worth it!

Summer wear around the house is about 3 loose and long and sleeveless dresses That I put on in the morning. If I have to go out There are a couple of nicer dresses and one pair of light weight slacks and an over size tshirt cause "tight is not right" in the summer heat.

Janet O. said...

I hadn't noticed that peach shakes were "out". Hmmm, maybe now I know what we are doing for dinner. :)
Too funny about your summer "uniform". I guess unless I go to town, I am wearing a t-shirt and jeans.

jude's page said...

Glad you enjoyed the film, I better watch it. The jockey is a country born South Australian girl.

Tanya said...

I've pared down my wardrobe quite a bit over the years too though I guess I don't have a T-shirt collection... just T shirts.

That peach milkshake sounds delicious! I may have to go and get my blender out!