17 October, 2020

Leaving It On The Table


I mentioned this work table last week, it's exactly what I'd been hoping for when I'm doing ruler-work on the front side of the longarm. I had been improvising with a sheet of foam core (any port in a storm, right?), I needed something to hold my tools above the surface of the quilt while I worked my way along.
Mr. Goodneedle picked up the hints that I was dropping and created the work table that I'd been hoping for! 😁  Now you know what I've been working on all week; I'm sew blessed to have a handy and helpful husband. This can also double as a light table and be used with a stencil and the laser moved to the front of the machine! 
What else has been going on around here? This is NUTS: the acorns this year are more abundant than we can ever remember. This patio, with no exaggeration, is blown off every two days! I suppose this must be some sort of winter weather forecasting tool, I'm afraid to research that one. Yikes. When we're out on the porch it sounds like there's a jackhammer on the roof! 
And not just on the patio-- they're DEEP beneath the shrubs too; it's hard to walk back here. 
Those blasted squirrels and the chipmunks are having a hay day, I've never seen them busier-- nope, they're leaving nothing on the table, they're burying as many as their chubby cheeks can hold!
Happy fall, y'all!
Life is Good!

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

nifty work table indeed! and the uncanny thing about those squirrels, they can then return and FIND the darn things when they need them....how marvelous a creator to give them that ability...thought of everything!

Paula, the quilter said...

What a wonderful work table. We’ve been battling a wildfire for the last 2 months. Last night it was only 8 miles away. I have important documents, photos etc paced in a to-go bag if we need it. Scary.

LizA. said...

Isn’t he handy indeed! Might have to show this to my husband......thanx for sharing.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Check with your local arborist - they can order a product called Short Stop that is applied to the root area of the trees every two to three years. It prevents the trees from overgrowing themselves AND it reduces the acorns to almost nothing (ask me how we know -- it has been such a blessing here as we have numerous acorn producing trees in our yard). Good luck! (neat table for your longarm, too)

Tanya said...

How did your husband ever make that work table? It looks like plexiglass and molded metal... It is a beauty!

Sherrill said...

Oak trees have what they call a mast year every so often and the acorns are OVERabundant!! I looked it up several years ago when our tree was very prolific--a natural occurence.