20 October, 2020

What's New?

I'm piecing pumpkins and couldn't decide which background color to go with; tan or black. I've been weighing my options and have gone back and forth, I really liked them both, I couldn't decide. The setting will be sashed with that same background color, the pumpkins will float over that background. 
Here's the setting and the pattern name and source; it's a simple block and a cute, seasonal, quilt. Mr. Goodneedle asked where this pumpkin quilt was going to end up. I told him that it would eventually hang, as a wall quilt, out on the porch (although likely it will be a fall addition for next year). He suggested putting the blocks out there, against the brick wall for perspective. Brilliant!
That did it! Black background it is! 

In other news: meet Buddy! Our daughter and her family have adopted a new family member.
I'd say that he's settling in nicely-- to their home and into their hearts. 💗

What's new at your house this week?

Life is Good!

7 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Gotta love the earthy common sense of our engineers . . . Buddy is adorable and so are those pumpkins.

cityquilter grace said...

excellent background choice! this week back to the fitness center after eye injury and week's hiatus....and the excellent fall weather too!

julieQ said...

That is just the cutest thing ever!! Buddy is a doll!

straythreads said...

Fun quilt and adorable dog

Janet O. said...

Oh, yes, definitely the black. It is a very cute Fall quilt.
Buddy appears to be a sweetheart and he has been lucky in the home he has found.

Tanya said...

Hi Buddy! Nice to meet you! Hope to see you often! My first dog was a Beagle too. The lovely soft ears!

AnnieO said...

Black was my choice before I finished reading your post! Your pumpkins look plump and beautiful. Cute pics of kids and pup.