29 October, 2021

Reading Report

I have been one of the most sporadic bloggers lately, I know that! There are projects afoot and subjects, loads of them, to talk about, that's not the problem; I have no excuses. I hope to post more regularly; the weather's changing and I'm squirreling away books to read in front of the fireplace as the days become shorter and colder. I'd completely gotten away from the D.E.A.R. routine this summer, just got busy with a variety of other things; I really did miss it.
These two were completed in October. I can't say that either one of these were my favorites, but they were both compelling reads, not books that I ever considered abandoning by any means, I was eager to finish them both. What's currently parked beside your reading chair? I have a few "to read" lists in progress and, like the bushy tailed hoarder above, I'm already laying in my supply for the months to come. If you can add suggestions to my list, I'm all ears.

Life is Good!

7 comments:

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I liked -- but didn't love -- Anxious People and haven't read the Hannah yet. My book club read The Mercies and I've been recommending it to everyone.

Katy said...

I just want you to know that I do look forward to your uplifting posts on your blog but I think being busy is a season in our lives we are blessed to live through. You support so many people in all the service projects you take part in and writing about them encourages me to say yes when asked if I can help. Just write when you can and we will enjoy.

cityquilter grace said...

i like mystery aka whodunits....just read "star island" by hiaasen a hilarious cast of dysfunctional characters....and now louise penny mystery...picked up 6 more books yesterday from my bookmobile!

Quiltdivajulie said...

I have been reading a lot more - gifted myself a six month subscription to Kindle Unlimited for my birthday earlier this year. I am also (finally) reading my way through the Elm Creek Quilt series.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Blogging is fun, not a requirement so no worries about not posting regularly. As long as all is well, it is all good.

Ramona said...

I haven't read either of these books, but have read others by these authors. One of my favorites is "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek" by Kim Michele Richardson. I have also enjoyed the books I've ready by Geraldine Brooks.

Tanya said...

I need a good uplifting book... I've been reading The Woman in the Window which deals with agoraphobia... I have recently met a couple people suffering from this disorder... but it is rather depressing reading.