04 August, 2022

It's All Good

I got the Workout quilt off the rails yesterday, it measures 58" square. I've really enjoyed working on this one. It's from the Wonderful Curves Sampler Book and uses the Wonder Curve ruler. I'll get the binding attached and whipped down today. The curved pieces are my last little bits of true Indigo fabric that I have saved hoarded over the years for something special- apparently this was it! I'm going to try more of the blocks from this book, I love using the Wonder Curve!
"Timeless" has all of the blocks pieced but not set together yet, hopefully over the weekend. I have the border fabrics all ready to go for this one too.
While I've been working inside the house Mr. G. has been pressure washing outside: the eaves, the gutters. I'm always scared to death of him doing ladder work, it ramps up my blood pressure to the limit. The other morning I heard noises that sounded unfamiliar, I wondered if he was off the ladder. This is what I found. I almost had a stroke on the spot; I never expected to see this! In all fairness, he was wearing the Cougar Paws that I bought him a few years ago when he had to check on the chimney but, still. He's fine, on the ground and all in one piece. It's all good. 
Thank you all for your prayers for my Mom; I hope you'll continue to pray for this next step. She's graduated from the rehab and is at home with my Dad again. She's transitioning just fine, it's just going to take time and some patience; she will be attending out-patient PT a few times a week near their home. In honor of her happy news I made her favorite dessert to celebrate! Grape Nut Custard, an old New England favorite. I found the recipe, one that came from Yankee magazine, and linked it here, if you'd like to try it. 
And, in other great news, the baby Bluebirds have hatched 
and are thriving atop that electrified pole!
So far, so good.

Yes, it's all good!
Life is Good!

6 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Glad to hear your mom is home. Rehab is a necessary and important step in the recovery process but home is where we heal the best. I grew up in Battle Creek with Kellogg's and Grape Nuts but had never heard of the custard. (and I don't like it at all when DH gets on our roof either)

cityquilter grace said...

a great post with lots of good news...and yes grapenut custard is deelish! i make it myself now and then...recipes like these bring home to me wherever i am! and good news on your mum...i am a PT cheerleader so glad to hear she is going...

Carol C. said...

The quilts are beautiful! I have plans to make an orange peel quilt some day. So glad your mom is home!! I plan to try the grapenut custard -- looks delicious!! So glad the bluebirds are doing well -- I have been wondering!

Janet O. said...

The workout quilt is beautiful! Nice job on the quilting, too.
Oh, I know how you feel about your hubby being on the roof. Always makes me nervous. I may have to look into Cougar Paws.
Such good news that your Mom is home. I will continue to keep her in my prayers.
Have never in my life heard of Grape Nut Custard. :)

sewyouquilt2 said...

Mmmm grspenut custard.did you save me some lol. Yes roofs are scary.glad all is well and glad mom is home

Tanya said...

Good news all around.

That curved quilt is lovely... I'm going to check out the ruler...

I sympathize with you and your handy husband. My husband gives me heart palpitations also. In this summer heat he is out in the yard or cutting grass in an empty lot for hours on end. I have to bring him numerous cold drinks and scold him into giving it a rest until it cools off.