01 September, 2022

Do You Wordle?

This is my latest morning routine: as the water is boiling for a cup of tea I pull up Wordle on my phone and attempt to solve the puzzle of the day. It's a great way to sweep out the cobwebs of sleep and jumpstart my thinking for the day to come. The best part of this is the ability to share the results electronically, I play along with our daughter and oldest grandson. Once I've solved the puzzle I "share", via text, how many tries it took me to successfully guess the chosen five letter word; and they do the same. Wordle stores one's statistics, too; informing the player how long your latest streak has lasted and even breaks down how many games you've solved by what they call "guess distribution". I knew about this game and had resisted for a long time but our daughter talked me into joining her and Mason. It's fun to compare notes and commiserate over the exceptionally grueling words together. It's one game a day, so it's not a huge time commitment; and, the way I look at it, anything that helps to keep the ol' gray matter functioning is always a good thing! Do you Wordle?

Life is Good!

11 comments:

Ronda said...

I do! Fun and challenging!

Kyle said...

I'm a Wordle participant too. I'm hope it's helping to keep those neurons firing on all cylinders.

cityquilter grace said...

no i don't wordle but you have tempted me...LOL

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

I Wordle. For a long time my start word was CHAIR. Then our pastor write a piece for the Messenger about Wordle. He suggested a start word of GRACE, something we all need. He also recommended JESUS. I've had great successes with GRACE!

Jane in PDX said...

Yes, I Wordle, Quordle, and Octordle daily.

Janet O. said...

I've tried it once. I'm sure I would enjoy it, but I have always held to just one game on my phone, and I play a sister, a daughter, two cousins and a blog friend in Words with Friends. After the one Wordle game, I realized I would have to choose one or the other to keep my commitment to myself to only do one game on my phone. But it is a fun game and I agree that it can sweep away the morning cobwebs and keep the grey matter functioning. :)

straythreads said...

Yes I do the daily wordle then I do spelling bee and letter boxed. When I started playing wordle all the previous games were archived so I played all those games too. I love word games but not cross word puzzles.

Ancestor Collector said...

Yup, I Wordle too! For the last 240 days, and Jim and I text our results with Amanda and Ian, and Brent and Ali every morning. It’s been a fun daily exercise and keeps us all in touch at least once a day.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Yes I play too, though I have to wait until after I have had my first cup of coffee to make sure that I don't play letters I know aren't in there and do play the letters that are. It is lots of fun. I've tried many of the offshoots too.

Needled Mom said...

lol. I wordle too. We have a family wordle share group of 14 people so there is real pressure. It's a great way to keep that gray matter working!

Tanya said...

I haven't tried wordle but I'll be sure to check it out! (I do a daily crossword puzzle...)