29 August, 2022

That's Cool

Don't you just love it when you find that one tool that works for a myriad of tasks, and works so well! I don't know how I ever got along before the handy-dandy Folded Corner Clipper took up residence in my sewing room but I can tell you this: I'm not looking back. I use mine, literally, all the time! If you don't have this tool, you need one. (Click on the link above to check it out, there are YouTube videos as well.) Anyway, I had binding strips cut for my WonderCurve Butterflies table runner. I had a bunch of strips, too, because I was using up a matching scrap. I carefully stacked those strips one on top of each other, all right sides up,  grabbed that FCC* and placed it as shown, trimmed off the excess and placed them right sides together for joining at the perfect 1/4". No dog ears. Perfection! 
Binding is all joined, attached, basted and ready for hand finishing. What did I use for marking that perfect miter as I turned and pressed the corners while applying the binding? The FCC, of course! That is cool, but do you know what's even cooler?
This refrigerator! Yay!! Mr. G. ordered parts and worked all afternoon yesterday to get it running again!
We're back in business here in the kitchen; the milk, eggs and butter have all been reinstalled.
Finger crossed that it will last a year. 
Life is Good!

* FCC - Folded Corner Clipper

4 comments:

straythreads said...

Thanks for the link for the tool. I will have to look for it. Beautiful finish on the quilt and the kitchen. My little sweaters are as soft as they look. The kid haze yarn is mohair spam with silk to hold it together.
Have a great week

abelian said...

I agree! I have a Folded Corner Ruler, and I love it! I also like Bonnie Hunter’s Essential Triangle Tool.

Kyle said...

I'll have to check that tool out. I can see that just that one simple cut would make binding simpler. We have the exact same frig. And my guy just did some repairs on the water lines. Yes, fingers crossed.

Janet O. said...

A very pretty table runner!
Oh, isn't it nice to have a handy husband? ;)