04 October, 2022

That Perfect Border

I'm sure you've had that same feeling that I experienced recently; it's that victorious sense of accomplishing something great when you stumble upon that one, perfect, solution to a problem. I'd finished piecing the center of this quilt completely from my stash. I kept thinking, the whole time, "I'll find something to border this with when I need it." But, truth be told, I wasn't fully convinced that what I had in my mind, and what was truly available, would necessarily ever come together.  
And then I found this!! I was trolling an online fabric shop, looking for something else and this popped up. "I wonder", I thought, "could this be that perfect border piece?".  I still hadn't seen this in person but, somehow I knew, I just knew! I quickly placed the order and crossed my fingers. When it arrived I held my breath and ripped open the padded envelope. All the various shades of red were contained in this piece, it was even better than I had hoped! I couldn't wait to border this one up and stand back to take it all in. And, as if all of this wasn't simply too good to believe, there are STRAWBERRIES too! Oh. My. 😍

Serendipity.
Life is Good!


8 comments:

Buffy said...

That border is perfect! And you may have to find some way to use that perfect selvage on some creation!

Little Penpen said...

How wonderful! The fabric is beautiful and I do love the strawberries!

Meredith said...

That border makes a great quilt perfect! How exciting to find it!

cityquilter grace said...

perfect indeed...had your name on it all along...and glad to know you had a wonderful birthday...they all are tho aren't they?

Quiltdivajulie said...

Serendipity! Perhaps that is what you should name the quilt.

Ramona said...

It's like this border was made for your blocks. What a beautiful addition to your quilt!

Lynn Dykstra said...

a wonderful choice!

Tanya said...

What a fantastic choice for your quilt! It really is just perfect!