08 December, 2023

Going Crazy?

I have this portable heater in my studio space; it's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world! Mr. G. gave it to me a few years ago for Christmas after I had expressed a desire for one over a period of many years. One of the best features is the remote that I can use to control it from anywhere in the room: handy! So, two days ago the remote disappeared. If you know me at all you'll understand that this turned me all sorts of sideways with myself; I am, truly, a "place for everything and everything in its place" type of gal. The Container Store is my mother-ship. The search for the roaming remote was driving me to do all sorts of irrational things, like: look in the same place (the place where it should've been) 412 times, go through the trash over and over again, search random drawers and kitchen (?!?) cabinets, look in the refrigerator, weigh four newly wrapped, identical, Christmas gifts that I was ready to mail to make sure that they all weighed the same, emptied Augie's toy basket on the off chance that he'd put it in there! I knew, just knew, that I had laid it down somewhere. Or did I? My head was spinning and I was beginning to doubt my own sanity. Mr. G was very reassuring, he reminded me that I really didn't even need the remote, I could still use my heater without it. That didn't do much, though, to ease my mind. After a restless night I woke up thinking that maybe I had put it in the bin with my gift wrap ribbon; nope. I got busy with the ironing and started to think, all over again, it had to be in the cabinet located just behind this heater. (I'd already looked there three times last night!) I got down on my hands and knees and began to remove everything from the cabinet. Every. Little. Thing. Lo! and behold, there was the remote; it had slid all the way to the back behind my longarm rulers and tools! I could breathe again. Yes, I know that the remote isn't crucial to the operation of the device, that's true. But, when something is lost or misplaced it sure does mess with my head! Moving on, today's a good day. It's happy dance time!! One more thing about me: I love a happy ending! Don't you?
I'm so glad that it wasn't in the refrigerator, for many reasons!😵
Life is Good!


5 comments:

julieQ said...

Haha!!! I know that was frustrating...and so relieving when you found it! I giggle because it sounds just like me!

cityquilter grace said...

Can so relate...glad it was found despite angst and nearly endless search!

Wendy said...

So glad it wasn’t in the refrigerator!! I do know what you meant 💗

Bridget said...

and when I break down and get the replacement the lost object reappears...St. Anthony has a sense of humor!

Kyle said...

I can relate as well!!!