16 December, 2023

Something Fishy...

I've been creating a few small Chrismons for our home tree. This one, the Beaded Fish, is symbolic of the action used by the Persecuted Believers to secretly designate themselves as followers of Christ. The initials (IXOYC) for Jesus Christ is the Greek word for fish.  It's a precious little addition to our tree. 
Do you have a kitchen tool like this? It's a fish spatula. It's a fairly new addition to our implement drawer; I use it ALL THE TIME. It's thin, flexible yet sturdy, and extremely versatile; from removing cookies off a cookie sheet, flipping pork chops in the pan, to carefully lifting (and draining at the same time) a poached egg from simmering water for placement directly onto a piece of buttered toast. I can't believe I've ever done without one!

Life is Good!



2 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

good to know....it's one of those things i would definitely use but seldom think to buy one...

Janet O. said...

A beautiful addition to your tree!
I've never heard of the fish spatula, but it certainly looks handy. I will know to snatch one up if I come across it in a local kitchen department.