23 July, 2024

What's New?

I'm sure that you've given up on any future posts from here; and yet, I keep popping back up! In the last post I spoke about the baby bluebirds fledging and, as of this morning, we have more hatchlings in a new nest; here we go, all over again! Sorry, it's been awhile. Since I was here last we've made yet another trip to New England and spent precious time with my parents. Thanks be to God, they're doing well. 
Our family is celebrating birthdays this month. Mason's is today and our daughter's later this week. Those of you who've been reading here through the years may remember when our oldest grandchild first made an appearance... 16 years ago! He is every bit as sweet today as he was back in 2008. I'm unsure how this happened, certainly I don't feel any older myself. The Birthday Bear felt ornament, pictured above, was made to commemorate the occasion of our daughter's birthday. Inspired by Ramona who blogs at Doodlebugs and Rosebuds, I decided to try my hand at some of these. They come packaged as kits and... yes... I've discovered another rabbit hole! If any of you care to follow me down there I have discovered all sorts of goodies at Merry Stockings. The kits arrive complete with every little thing that you will need and easy to follow instructions. You're welcome. 😉 
What's new with you?
And sew, here we are again, playing catch-up. Thank you for your patience.
I'm back and it's all good. 

Life is Good! 




4 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I love Merry Stockings! I’ve made 3 Christmas stockings from there. I have 3 grands, funny how that works out.

cityquilter grace said...

gosh i don't feel any older either...it is revolting! i love your ornament...when my daughter was little i made her an advent calendar from a kit like that and lots of ornaments too...so i am going to PASS on that link...lol..

LizA. said...

Oh yes, I have a pile of kits awaiting my attention. There are also a couple Bucilla groups on FB. You should see how some of them have really personalized the stockings.

Quiltdivajulie said...

SIXTEEN! Wow -- like it does here, time surely does fly faster and faster. I'm grateful that we are only at the rising-second-grader level (for this moment). Good to know your parents are doing well.