15 August, 2022

Red Letter Day!

Another day, another flimsy; no, actually it's a day to celebrate: here's "Red Letter Day", a completed quilt top at long last! I'd been very, very far behind on this block-of-the-month. This one took some full speed concentration and focused effort but, today, it's together and there's no looking back. 
This applique block brings me joy- I fussy cut that circle from a charm square, it appears to be a fluffy dandelion gone to seed. Isn't it cute?
I've got a LOT of reds left over that are destined to become something else, I'll run them through the die cutter and store the pieces for another quilt, another day.  
Another reason to celebrate today: baby bluebirds growing up, growing feathers and thriving; all thanks to that electrified bird house pole! I'm thrilled to check on them daily and have this first family to fledge soon, it's been over a year since that's occurred here. 
Friends gifted us with peaches last week that I transformed into a deep dish peach pie (ignore the less than picture perfect top crust; I'm calling it "rustic".) at Mr. G's request. It wasn't around for long.
Just in case you think that I'm only producing flimsies and that Snowbird is gathering dust, that's not the case! Here's another Wonder Curve pattern, this one came free with the tool. I'm trying out this background fill for the quilting, I believe it plays well off the arc shapes. This piece is a table runner, one that would be great in spring or at Eastertime. I ordered the Wonder Curve long arm rulers last week to stitch in the ditch around these specific curves and inside the curves as well. Stay tuned.
Yes, there's quilting being accomplished. These quilted pieces are all awaiting hand finishing or binding to be attached, it's an ongoing process. Hands won't grow idle any time soon. In the meantime, today's a day to celebrate: another flimsy joins the to-be-quilted-queue! 
What small victories are party-worthy
 at your house today?

Life is Good!

6 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Very pretty red and white....and rustic peach pie is much better than those picture perfect ones!

Needled Mom said...

Your red letter day is stunning! My mouth is watering looking at the peach pie.

Janet O. said...

So many things happening at chez Goodneedle!
Lovely flimsy finish.
Rustic style pie works for me! Less fuss--same flavor!
An electrified birdhouse pole is brilliant.
I'll party for any reason I can!!

Ancestor Collector said...

Such beautiful work! Love the red and white…..so reminiscent of days gone by. Peach pie…..mmmmmmm, so good!!

Kyle said...

Nothing beats a red and white quilt. The fabrics you chose are great and the fussy cut dandelion top is super sweet. I like the contrast between the curved pieces and the filler quilting of the Wonder Curve quilt. Great job.

Tanya said...

Those wonder curve quilts of yours are WONDERful! Nice choice of fabric for your dandelion block too!